How to Have a Successful Salon Experience
- Reflect on your past… What worked and what didn’t. Without going into too much “drama” of the past, what brought you into the salon. I can speak for myself that I am excited to welcome each guest that comes into Studio A. I want to know how I can make my client’s needs a positive one and what didn’t work before.
- Arrive on time. We all know time is valuable. Not only for the stylists but also the clients. Most stylists have a strict booking schedule which allow them a certain about of time per client meaning if a client is running late either this will push into the next client service or this client service maybe shortened or “rushed” thru.. or in some extreme cases rescheduled. Arriving on time is such an important key for all involved for the integrity of the service , we as stylist never like to be short changed on time and of course really hate when we need to reschedule.
- Honest expectations. This umbrellas many different things. How much time do you plan on spending on your hair each morning? How much product are you willing to put into it? How often are you willing to come back to the salon and maintain? How much money are you willing to spend on the look? (Does it require color, Brazilian Blowout, Bang trims) , Will your hair do this? Are you actually looking at the hair in the photo ? ( or the girl and her outfit instead.. )
- Product sales. As stylists we are knowledgable on what products support which styles and on who. Like doctors prescribing meds, this is an important part of the visit! Try going home and styling your new do with just a hair comb and blowdryer… this would be the results on not knowing what products your stylist used and when. But we stylists are sometimes so shy on sounding like salesmen… If your stylist doesn’t tell you what to use.. ASK!! Otherwise you will be blind in styling !
- Goals. Bring pictures. Time and time again, clients will sheepishly say “ummmm. I have a picture…” This is fantastic ! Way better than mind reading. But know that it this may take a few visits to get there. Also, take advice from your stylist to reach your goal: such as prebook, vitamins, conditioning treatments..
- TRUST! Most of all trust your stylist. You have arrived in this chair for a reason. With the proper consultation, trust and have faith! Going to the salon should be an enjoyment, so trust that you will not only look good but FEEL good! XOXO. (photo by Kate Gansneder from GSquared Weddings)